Thursday 5 July 2012

Cockatoo Island, Balmain and Glebe Markets in the end


Last weekend some friends and I visited Cockatoo Island. It is easy to get there by ferry from Circular Quay. As the weather was very nice and sunny on Friday we had a good time. The island was used for housing convicts in the past and later it was the site of Australia's biggest shipyard. There are still lots of industrial buildings and remains from the prison.



From Cockatoo we took the ferry to Balmain to have lunch. It is a very nice suburb with many small restaurants and cafes.

Unfortunatly we didn't have time to do as much as we wanted to because we needed to get ready for a farewell party that night.


On Saturday we went to the Glebe Markets. There is a bus departing from Central that stops in front of the entrance to the market. There are many stalls with selfmade jewellery, second hand vintage clothes and other nice things. Even if you don't want to buy anything it is nice to watch all the interesting people.


Unfortunately today is my last day with Sydney Internships. I had a great time in Sydney especially with all the amazing interns I got to know. Now it is time for the next adventure and as I am staying a couple more months in Austrlia I don't say "good bye" but "hope to see you soon".

Special thanks to Robbie and Linda who taught me a lot and made my internship a valuable experience.

Next week Andrea will take over from me and I hope she has a lot of fun :)


Cheers, Anne



Glebe Markets

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete